Everyone loves spiced almonds … why not spiced almond butter? It turns out nut butter isfantastic toasted and spiced. This would also be amazing thinned out with almond milk or other liquid and used as a sauce
1 C almonds
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp cayenne
1/4 sea salt
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spread almonds evenly across a baking sheet and toast in oven for 10-12 minutes, stirring halfway through. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Place almonds into blender, and blend until it turns into a paste. Scrape down the sides as needed.
- Add spices and continue blending until smooth and … butter-like.
- Transfer to an airtight container. Lick bowl. Store butter in the refrigerator.